Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Today

I am sitting at the computer listening to owl city {my favourite :D}. I just finished an excellent book. The little ones are playing happily at the table. Mum is most likely snuggled on the couch with a good book, enjoying the window of sunshine. Timothy is working on some invention of sorts. Utter bliss.

It has not been this way for several weeks now. We've had a really hard time with a gastro bug. I am the only one that's been spared. Poor Bethany has had this bug 3 times in 2 weeks.{She's been the worst off}I've been rather lonely, I admit, having been the only well child for a week or so. At times {like when the power went off, and the washing machine broke} it seemed things couldn't get any worse. {given careful consideration, yes, it could have been much worse}

But looking back now, God was with us. Good friends brought meals around, Nanna dear picked up some things for us from the shop, letters turned up {for me} just when I needed them, and I feel very blessed for friends and family. {Thankyou God!} 

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,
    “For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
        we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
    No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:31-39, ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment